Decision Making in the Remodeling Process Can Be Overwhelming. Don’t Fear – We Can Help
Making the decision to do a remodel is the first and easiest decision you will make in the remodeling process. With so many decisions that need to be made that can often seem endless, it is of the utmost importance to find the right contractor who will walk you through the entire process. Here at Unique Properties in Dallas, we make it a priority to take you step by step through your remodel. The possibilities are endless. You can have us create a unique plan for you or bring your own plan to us and you will get a quote that you can rely on to be accurate and timely. We will work with you from design all the way to completion, make your job easier by taking care of all local government issues, and make sure that you are content with every part of the finished product. Call today for a free consultation at (214) 533-0716 or visit our website at www.uniquehomebuild.com/
One decision you will have to make in a major kitchen remodel is choosing a kitchen floor. An article from HGTV’s website says that “your kitchen floor, besides being practical and durable, is a major design statement as well. The floor you choose affects every other element of your design and with the variety of materials, colors and textures available today, your choices are nearly endless.”
Here are some specific suggestions from HGTV when it comes to choosing your kitchen floor.
• Stone/tile – A great choice for areas with heavy traffic. Ceramic tile comes in a wide variety of styles and colors, has options for borders and designs, and is very durable.
• Wood – A very popular choice in modern kitchens. It provides your kitchen with a warm look and feels great to walk on. Prefinished wood floors are another durable option ideal to handle heavy traffic and protect against water stains. For a cheaper option, there are high-pressured plastic laminates that will give you a wood look for less money.
• Cork – Durable, water resistant, and reduces noise from impact. Cork is very versatile and has a large assortment of color options.
• Vinyl – If you are on a tight budget, this is your best option. You will still enjoy the benefits of a wide variety of styles and colors that come in the form of sheets or tiles.
• Limestone – This flooring option will require a bit of maintenance due to its porous composition. You will need to seal it immediately after installation and twice a year after that. However, it is a beautiful natural stone that will give your kitchen a great Old World look.