- Each safe room should be built to handle 250 mph wiinds and more than 3,000 pounds of force. (That's more than an EF-5 level tornado!)
- Normally, safe rooms are built in basements or garages.
- Usually made of steel and fiberglass for the highest level of wind protection.
- All safe rooms and shelters use concrete foundations as their primary anchors.
- There are two kinds: above and below ground.
Monday, April 27, 2015
Tornados? This Home Building Project Could Save Your Life.
Owner of Unique Properties, a full-service home construction company that has served the Dallas metroplex since 1996. Please add my Google profile to your circles.
Labels: acts of god, emergency, Home remodeling, home safety, natural disasters, safe room, storm shelter, tornado safety, tornados, unique home