So what's bugging you? What are the areas in your home that you feel need that extra love and attention right now?
Don't be overwhelmed. There's a way through this. Here a few tips to lessen the stress over the coming spring cleaning.
First things first. Create an action plan. Don't overwhelm yourself with unrealistic expectations. Write down a list of which areas and rooms bother you most and tackle those first. After that - move on to de-cluttering and organization. Got your pen and paper ready? Go make that list.
Take one room at a time. Don't get distracted by what's left on your list. Just start with one and move on to the next one at a reasonable pace. I feel like the communal rooms are the most important to start with. I usually break things up in to living/family rooms, dining, kitchen, then common bathrooms and toilets. After that, I move on to bedrooms and private baths. Once all the basics are covered - your path is clear enough to deal with surfaces, walls and neglected hiding spots. Once you've decided and written out your plan of action, you will feel much less weight on your shoulders.
So, about those forgotten places!
- Dust them with a vacuum brush attachment, then wipe clean with an all-purpose cleaner.
- Baseboards- Dust with a microfiber cloth or vacuum, then spray and wipe with an all-purpose cleaner.
- Remove them first. Lay them flat on a tarp outside, then spray them clean with a garden hose.
- Take everything off first, then dust.
- Use a pressure washer to remove caked-on crud.
- Spray the inside of a pillowcase with cleaner, then slip the bag over the blade and wipe clean.
Now, all you have to to is just add flowers! Floral arrangements bring colors, vibrancy and invigorating fragrance to the home which is a great finishing touch to a job well done.
Your happiness at home is important to us and that's why we are here. Come say hello to us at Unique Home Building and let us know what we can do to better your personal palace!